Dictionaries describe endgame as: “the last stage of a process; the final stage of something that is unstoppable.” Sometimes people use endgame to describe a relationship that is bound to happen. An example of this is also found in the Bible. “4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 1:4, NIV.
1. God ‘s endgame has long been determined.
“Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.” Revelations 21:1-3, NIV.
· As the human history ends, God will begin a better one, this time, He will make all things new. The new earth will not be like the previous. v.1
· God’s official residence will be amongst His people. v.2
· Evil and sin will be absent in the new earth. v.3
2. The supremacy of God ensures our eternal security.
“10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10, NIV.
· Corporately, God will preserve the nation of Israel to fulfill His Abrahamic covenant (Gen. 12).
· He will bring a significant number of Israelites into His kingdom.
“8 “I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.9 But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God. 10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.” Luke 12:8-10, NIV.
· Individually, those who confessed their faith in the Lord will not fear persecution.
· Jesus will acknowledge before the throne of God those who pledged their allegiance to Him.
3. The Holy Spirit ensures we reach God’s endgame.
“16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.” John 14:16, NIV.
· Every believer will be indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
· The Holy Spirit would be the legal defender, and legal counsel of every believer, securing their eternal position in Christ.
· The Spirit will be the guarantee that every believer will inherit Christ including everything they eternally hoped for.
4. There is no option but to reach for the prize.
“12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:12-14, NIV.
· As Christ lay hold of him, Paul must also hold of Christ and make Him his own.
· Paul would not allow anything to distract him from doing what the Lord called him to do so, he had no option but to press forward and reach the end so he can receive his prize.
· Paul saw living in God’s presence as his ultimate prize.
“19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21, NIV.
· Every believer must look beyond the attraction of this present world and look into a better place, where true treasures are hidden and protected by the power of God.
· In God’s endgame, only those things that we have done for His glory, and by His grace, would be counted as treasures in heaven. But the greatest treasure is still Jesus.