Strong Woman of God
Genesis 1:20; 29-30
Eve was the first wife and mother in the Bible. She was the wife of Adam, the very first-person God created. Eve’s name came from the Hebrew word chavah, which means “the living” or life. Genesis 3:20 describes the name of Eve this way, “20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.”
God designed Eve to be the first wife, the very first mother in creation. According to Genesis 4:1-2, 25-26; and chapter 5:4, Eve was the mother of Cain, Abel, Seth, Enosh and other sons and daughters. Thus, truly, she was the mother of all the living. Eve was the mother of all human beings in an unbroken line. We all traced back to her.
1. God blessed you to multiply yourself.
“28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number;” Genesis 1:28a.
· Eve was valued because God blessed her.
· Her work makes us realize the existence of God.
· God has a design, a purpose and a plan that would glorify Him.
· Being fruitful and increase in number could also be in terms of mentoring younger women in the family of God.
2. God purposed you to co-lead with your husband.
Adam and Eve were the first leaders of humankind. God commanded them to “fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” Genesis 1:28b.
· Subdue and rule speak of a productive ordering of things to yield its riches and accomplish God’s purpose.
“10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. 11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. 13 She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. 14 She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.15 She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants.” Proverbs 31:10-15
· We celebrate wives and mothers, even single parents, because you have been seeking the good of your family.
3. God created you after His likeness.
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.” Genesis 1:29-30.
· The emphasize is on God and His work.
· God describe what He does like what mothers do.
Isaiah 42, “14 “For a long time I have kept silent, I have been quiet and held myself back. But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out, I gasp and pant.”
Isaiah 66,“13 As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.”
Hosea 11:3-4, “3 It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them. 4 I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.”
Things to think about:
Affirming your wife and mother glorifies God as He was the One who blessed them and called them to motherhood. The work they do isn’t easy especially in this time of pandemic. They put their health and lives at risk just to be able to reflect God in their life.