Trust God’s Timing
Today, I want to share with you three reasons why we must trust God’s timing.
1. God has good reasons for directing our time.
“In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.” Proverbs 16:9
“He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.” Luke 1:52.
· God cares for us.
· God is glorified in our weakness.
· By our own limited knowledge and abilities, we make plans, but God can alter it for our own good.
2. God knows the appointed time.
“8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:8-9.
· Mankind has a different reference to time than God.
· Most of the time, we refer to Chronos (calendar-clock time), while God uses Kairos – the opportune time within His purposes and plans.
· We operate in a physical realm, while God operates in the spiritual.
· God places all things in its proper place.
3. God’s way is better than ours.
“8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9.
· God uses the untold distance between heaven and earth to point to the fact that we have a very limited mind, while God has an immeasurable understanding.
· People see delays as misfortunes, but God uses them to bring spiritual benefits.